WINFertility COVID-19 Resources
WINFertility is here to support our patients, providers and partners through COVID-19. Rest assured that the safety, health and emotional well-being of our patients is our primary focus. Our clinical and operational teams are prepared and dedicated to guiding members and providers through the unique challenges that come with delaying treatment during this pandemic.
If you are in fertility treatment, your treatment most likely has been delayed by closure of fertility clinics, in order to conserve resources for treatment of novel coronavirus cases. The prevalence of the virus varies widely across the country, and recently some regions have begun to loosen restrictions designed to mitigate spread of the disease. It is not yet known what the effect of the virus is on pregnant women or on fetuses.
If you are receiving fertility treatment in an area of the U.S. that is permitting treatment to resume, your reproductive endocrinologist will follow the state, county, and city’s mandates to slow the spread of the virus and keep you safe while you are in treatment. This may include:
- Limiting the number of patients in the fertility clinic at one time, in order to aid social distancing
- Promoting social distancing at check-in and in the waiting room
- Requiring patients to wear a cloth face mask/covering
- Requiring staff to wear medical grade masks, including front desk staff, and requiring medical staff to wear gloves
- Performing a screening test for SARS-CoV-2 before starting the patients’ treatment
- Counseling you on the risks and benefits of initiating fertility treatment during the pandemic, as well as the risks and benefits of delaying treatment
- Offering counseling resources to help you with the stress of returning to fertility treatment during the pandemic
Please see the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) webinar ‘Patient questions answered by ASRM COVID-19 task force’.
WIN’s Nurse Care Managers are available 24/7 to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have throughout this journey.
WINFertility is here to support you throughout the pandemic, as we always have. Our nurses are available 24/7 to help your patients through fertility treatment, and provide a valuable resource to extend and support your fertility center’s staff. In addition, our clinical team is providing support to provider offices to ensure streamlined authorizations. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASRM has a number of resources for providers including patient management and clinical recommendations and several webinars, available here. SART has a toolkit on resuming care during the pandemic.